Welcome to the Trimaris Land Corporation

The Trimarian Land Fund was founded on Trimaris’ 10th Year celebration by Duke Baldar Langstriter, Mistress Laura de Botelesford and Master Pedar Felic and incorporated in 1995 as the “Trimaris Land Corporation”.

Our vision is dedicated to researching and re-creating the arts and skills of pre-17th century Europe. Members, dressed in clothing of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, attend events which may feature tournaments, arts exhibits, classes, workshops, dancing, feasts, and more. To this end the Trimaris Land Corporation is dedicated to raising funds to provide a permanent site for the Kingdom of Trimaris to conduct it’s educational programs and medieval events.

Contact: info@trimarislandcorp.org

A new name… a new look… but the same goal.

When our web presence was initially setup, we were called the Trimarian Land Fund. As we moved forward to our goal, we incorporated as the Trimaris Land Corporation, Inc. but the web addresses were never changed. So it is time for us to get everything set properly, so we are changing our domain name to trimarislandcorp.org. Over the next few days the website, Facebook page and email addresses will be moved over to the correct name.

If you have any questions about this or about the Trimaris Land Corporation, please send us a message at info@trimarislandcorp.org.

Board Meeting on March 2, 2014

People in attendance

Board Members: Board Members: Eric Carr, Kem Cason, Ron Charlotte, Liz Connant, Don Rhodes

Business

  • Discussed producing a CD version of Jed Silverstar’s album Merlin’s Song.
    • We have the rights from the current holders to produce a CD and digital version that we will market and sell. 10% of the profits is what they are asking in return.
    • Kem and Don will work on getting the audio converted and sent to CDbaby.
  • Year end information:
    • The TLC has $91,106.80 as of the end of the year.
    • Earned $3842.68 in CD/digital download sales
    • Expenses of $4113.82 which included $3275 for producing Vivat 3 CDs.
  • Non-Profit status issues with the IRS continue. We are waiting for an agent to be assigned but they are moving slowly because of the Lois Lerner case. Because of this delay we will have to file taxes normally for this year.
  • The Board lost Jennifer Parker and Mark Evans from its membership and thanked them for their service.
  • To fill in empty Board Member positions it was suggested we ask Chet Packard and Tim Quinn to join. This was approved by all present.
  • The position of Treasurer for the group will be taken over by Eric Carr.
  • There was a request to look into other meeting methods instead of our current GoToMeeting.
  • The discussion of holding an event with the sponsoring group donating the profits to the Land Corporation was brought up and was going to be looked into further by Kem.

In Service
Don Rhodes
Secretary

BOD-Meeting-2014-03-02

Now Available – Merlin’s Song

Merlin’s Song

Master Jed Silverstar aka Jed O’Connor, passed on January 1, 2005. This digital copy is being made in 2014 as a tribute to Jed to keep his monumental Bardic contributions, available to the Society for Creative Anachronism, whose membership now exceeds 20,000 worldwide, and Jed’s many other fans.

This is a true copy, published under the auspices of the Trimaris Land Corporation, Inc., of the long play album of 1982 with the gracious permission of the copyright holders: Kim O’Connor, Jed’s Sister; Steven K. Halter, Jed’s Publisher; and Holly Bird, Jed’s Illustrator. Please observe their rights.

buy-now

Board Meeting on June 1, 2014

People in attendance

Board Members: Board Members: Eric Carr, Kem Cason, Ron Charlotte, Don Rhodes

Business

  • Discussed CD version of Jed Silverstar’s album Merlin’s Song.
    • Original album has been converted to digital format.
    • 1000 CDs are currently being produced and once done will be sent to CDbaby for online sales..
  • Vivat 3 CDs have been distributed to the artists who contributed to it.
  • Copies of Vivat 3 will be available at Pennsic via Debbie.
  • Meetings moving back to quarterly schedule unless requested.

In Service
Don Rhodes
Secretary

BOD-Meeting-2014-06-01

Board Meeting on September 22, 2013

People in attendance

Board Members: Board Members: Kem Cason, Don Rhodes, Eric Carr, Caroline Ashwood, Ron Charlotte, Deborah Pettingill, Liz Connant

Business

  • Covered Bylaws and the proposed changes by the BOD members to fix any inconsistencies that were left from when the template was originally adopted.
  • The Bylaws were voted on by the Board Members in attendance and they passed.
  • IRS Filings for Non-Profit Status
    • Waiting to hear back on hardship filing for re-instatement of Non-Profit status.
    • If the filing is not accepted we will have to pay the $800 re-filing fee.
  • The suggestion was for the Board to look into having a CPA to handle the books for the Corporation, but it was decided the $1000 a year might be more than we are ready to accept and the suggestions was to see if there was a SCA member that might be interested in donating their time and services.
  • The Board removed Sherry Wetzel from her position on the Board because of health issues.
  • Searching for Land Lease Possibilities
    • Questions about Capital Plan for the Corporation
    • The issues that Trimaris has been having with campsites recently was talked about and how if we were able to get a site in about a year we would be positioned to offer an alternative location once their existing contracts run out.
    • We feel that we are probably going to have to start with a more primitive (think along the lines of Gulf Wars site) location and would have to improve it.
    • To make this location happen we would need to get the commitment from Trimaris to use this site for the major Kingdom Events.
    • There was talk about a possible location, but there was questions the Board had were:
      • How long of a lease?
      • How much annually?
      • What is the status of the site currently?
      • How large is the site?
      • Where is the site located?
      • Access to the site?
    • The decision was for Caroline to get back with her contact to get these questions answered before the Board decides to make a site inspection.
  • Future Meetings
    • Now that our “complication” is passed we are back to having quarterly meetings.
      • A brief online meeting will be held before Labor Day weekend on Sunday August 25. The 4th Sunday of the month will be setup as a reoccurring meeting.
      • The Board decided to purchase a year of GoToMeeting for the use for online meetings.
      • The online meetings were decided to be only open to the Board, but the meetings held in person will be open to the public to attend.
  • Questions about the TLC running future SCA events to raise money
    • The TLC supplied the staff and received the profit donated to it by the sponsoring SCA group for an Art/Sci of just over $200
    • The discussion was about possibly running one of the larger events (TMT or Fall Crown Lyst).
    • Discussion about the possibility of doing a fundraising tourney (similar to what was done for the Crown Prints in Caid) at an event that would give the money to the TLC.

In Service
Don Rhodes
Secretary

BOD-Meeting-2013-06-16

Board Meeting on June 16, 2013

People in attendance

Board Members: Board Members: Kem Cason, Don Rhodes, Eric Carr, Caroline Ashwood, Ron Charlotte, Deborah Pettingill, Liz Connant

Business

  • Covered Bylaws and the proposed changes by the BOD members to fix any inconsistencies that were left from when the template was originally adopted.
  • The Bylaws were voted on by the Board Members in attendance and they passed.
  • IRS Filings for Non-Profit Status
    • Waiting to hear back on hardship filing for re-instatement of Non-Profit status.
    • If the filing is not accepted we will have to pay the $800 re-filing fee.
  • The suggestion was for the Board to look into having a CPA to handle the books for the Corporation, but it was decided the $1000 a year might be more than we are ready to accept and the suggestions was to see if there was a SCA member that might be interested in donating their time and services.
  • The Board removed Sherry Wetzel from her position on the Board because of health issues.
  • Searching for Land Lease Possibilities
    • Questions about Capital Plan for the Corporation
    • The issues that Trimaris has been having with campsites recently was talked about and how if we were able to get a site in about a year we would be positioned to offer an alternative location once their existing contracts run out.
    • We feel that we are probably going to have to start with a more primitive (think along the lines of Gulf Wars site) location and would have to improve it.
    • To make this location happen we would need to get the commitment from Trimaris to use this site for the major Kingdom Events.
    • There was talk about a possible location, but there was questions the Board had were:
      • How long of a lease?
      • How much annually?
      • What is the status of the site currently?
      • How large is the site?
      • Where is the site located?
      • Access to the site?
    • The decision was for Caroline to get back with her contact to get these questions answered before the Board decides to make a site inspection.
  • Future Meetings
    • Now that our “complication” is passed we are back to having quarterly meetings.
      • A brief online meeting will be held before Labor Day weekend on Sunday August 25. The 4th Sunday of the month will be setup as a reoccurring meeting.
      • The Board decided to purchase a year of GoToMeeting for the use for online meetings.
      • The online meetings were decided to be only open to the Board, but the meetings held in person will be open to the public to attend.
  • Questions about the TLC running future SCA events to raise money
    • The TLC supplied the staff and received the profit donated to it by the sponsoring SCA group for an Art/Sci of just over $200
    • The discussion was about possibly running one of the larger events (TMT or Fall Crown Lyst).
    • Discussion about the possibility of doing a fundraising tourney (similar to what was done for the Crown Prints in Caid) at an event that would give the money to the TLC.

In Service
Don Rhodes
Secretary

BOD-Meeting-2013-06-16

Vivat! 3 Embracing the Dream Is Now Available

The bards of Trimaris have come together again and produced the third volume of the Vivat! series. Like the prior two collections, it is available in either a CD or a digital download format. The profit from these sales goes to the Land Fund so each purchase moves us a little closer to the dream of permanent site for Trimaris.

vivat3Vivat! 3 Embracing the Dream

We’ve done it again!! The third installment of the Vivat! Trimaris series brings back some of the original Bards from Vivat Trimaris & Volume 1, plus some new, but no less talented, names for you to enjoy.

buy-now

 
 
 

divider

 

vivat2Sing the Moon Down, Vivat! Trimaris Volume 2

The second album in the Vivat! Trimaris Series. If you are a fan of Renaisance and Medieval Faires, or are in the Society for Creative Anacronism (SCA), then this album is for you! All original music from the best Bards of the Kingdom of Trimaris!

buy-now

 
 
 

divider

 

vivat1Vivat! Trimaris Volume 1

If you are a fan of Renaisance and Medieval Faires, or are in the Society for Creative Anacronism (SCA), then this album is for you! All original music from the best Bards of the Kingdom of Trimaris!

buy-now

Board Meeting on September 2, 2012

People in attendance

Board Members: Kem Cason, Don Rhodes, Caroline Ashwood, Debbie Pettingill, Ron Charlotte
Others: Laura Dolan, Josh Robinson, and 6 others

Business

  • In the absence of the President, Kem chaired the meeting.
  • Don advised that he is having our books audited and will have a Treasurer’s Report presently.
  • Old Business
    • Vivat 3. Under contract.
      • First 8 tracks already cut ahead of timetable by 4 – 6 weeks.
      • No expenses so far. Will need travel subsidies – Sue will submit requests.
      • Release planned for Spring Coronation 2013 (March).
      • As at present, CD Baby will handle production.
      • It is time to start promotion campaign.
      • Non-Prof Corp’s can get free promotion on EBay
      • (ed. NB – as of 2/17/2011 we had received profits of $620 )
    • By-Laws – proposed revision.
      • Copies of proposed Bylaws were handed out by Caroline and are posted to the Yahoo TLC Group.
      • The By Laws of the Living History Museum were used as a model.
      • Directors are requested to review them and make their comments on the Yahoo Group.
    • Fundraiser Events.
      • Donald will be Event Steward under the auspices of Nan Crioth Tuatha (Northern Marches) for Winter Art-Sci/Scots – Welsh War Jan 11 – 13, 2013.
  • New Business
    • What kind of land parcel should we target? Much, Much discussion.
      • Suggestion: put your issues in writing and share them with the TLC.
      • Zoned agricultural – for lower taxes, local & federal.
      • How many acres? N.B. less than 50 is in a bracket with fewer regulations & restrictions.
      • Above the 10 year flood plain.
      • Bonuses: Access to Potable water, utilities, roads, tree-lined perimeters.
      • An on-site Caretaker ,24/7, will be a must if there are any improvements. – for security.
    • Further Bylaws issues:
      • Number of directors between 9 and 11 ?
      • Use informal outline version of Roberts Rules of Order.
      • Term of office for Directors & Officers.
      • Qualifications for Directors?
      • Provision for vote of confidence/termination of Directors/Officers?
      • Set date for Directors’ review of Bylaws.
      • **By Oct 2, 2012 we will have planned a meeting and set a date for the Bylaws review and approval (NLT 30 Nov, 2012)
    • ** Write a business plan for “interim income.”
    • Have meetings with skype/phone – Eric is exploring online conference venues (free).
    • Thanks to Jeff Hull (Kelvin MacGowan) for taking these notes. Transcribed by Kem Cason on September 15, 2012

In Service
Don Rhodes
Secretary

BOD-Meeting-2012-09-02

Board Meeting on May 27, 2012

People in attendance

Board Members: Kem Cason, Don Rhodes, Jennifer Parker, Eric Carr, Caroline Ashwood
Others: Debbie Pettingill, Laura, Lord Takashi, Asa

Business

  • Board accepted the minutes from the last meeting.
  • The TLC has $90,468.49 in the bank. This is up from around $80,000 that we started with 4 years ago.
  • Vivat CDs have brought in $1,119 since starting to use CD Baby.
  • Debbie offered to sell the physical Vivat CDs at Pennsic since there was no one else selling them at the war.
  • A proposal for Vivat 3 has been presented to the board by Ron, but only thing missing is a timeframe. Don will get with Ron on this subject to get a timeline for the project.
  • The current By-Laws are the stock set from the state. Caroline is going to head up the committee to rework the By-Laws to be something better for the TLC.
  • The Board discussed and voted to increase the number of members from 9 to 11 members.
  • Debbie Pettingill was added as a Board Member.
  • Liz Connant was voted by the Board to be TLC President.
  • The TLC has been doing things. The group has managed to increase the funds available by $10k, but to get to our goal of land, campsite and facilities for the SCA, Florida Schools or anyone to come and watch an ongoing demo we will need a steady income. This income will be needed to cover the reoccurring expenses of the site.
  • Caroline has been talking with someone from the Miami area who is willing to work with the TLC on finding land for purchasing in Central Florida. They were looking for 50-100 acres for less than $200,000. The Kingdom has expressed an interest in signing a contract for using the facility if we get one.
    • Income from event fees will help cover the monthly reoccurring fees.
    • The Board wants to get more numbers on what it would take to improve land., taxes, etc. Also an idea of what the income would be if we were able to rent the site out to other groups who might be able to use it as an unimproved land.
    • If we get a contract from Trimaris, that would bring the site fees to the TLC as income. o At some point we would need a resident caretaker for the site which would add to the monthly expenses.
    • The idea of “timeshare” purchase of parts of the land by different groups that would be able to improve parts of the site. This would help add to the idea of this being everyone’s site and not just another place we are renting.
    • The Board asked for numbers to be pulled together and a presentation for the Board to be done.
    • There was a discussion of pursuing grants to help with the improvement of the land once we purchase. Used for things like building teaching rooms.
  • It was suggested that we update the website with new information and a newer look. Caroline has someone who might be willing to assist.
  • There was discussion of the TLC running an event to help get the TLC name back in front of everyone in the Kingdom. Any money the SCA group makes off the event could be transferred to the TLC.
  • The next board meeting will be at Fall Coronation. The location and time should be posted to the website and Facebook page.
    • It was suggested that we start doing some of the meetings online so we don’t have to travel for all the meetings.

In Service
Don Rhodes
Secretary

BOD-Meeting-2012-05-27

1 2